Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. (Philippians 4:6 NLT)
Philippians 4:6 gives you the response you should have about trials, worry, fear, and anxiety—PRAY! Prayer should be your first defense in any situation and it should also be a regular part of your life. I’m not talking about only praying when you have a problem, but praying every single day, about every single thing. If you pray often about the things that are on your heart or that you’re concerned about, you may not have as many problems because you’re being proactive instead of reactive. You may not be aware of this but God loves to commune with you. He’s with you all the time, He lives in you, and He longs to talk to you. His ear is always ready to hear a word from you, and what better way to do that than to pray!
The devil doesn’t want you to pray because he knows there’s tremendous power in prayer (see James 5:16). He will try to lodge every attack against you so you will get so discouraged and worn out that it looks as if God isn’t hearing you. You have to know in your heart that God is always listening and He is always working, so don’t stop praying. Remember, prayer is simply a conversation with God. If the only thing you can muster out of your mouth is, “Help me, Lord,” that’s prayer. You can pray anywhere, about anything, and during any time of the day. Just give God the honor of giving Him the time in prayer that essentially says that you need Him and you want His help.
When you don’t know what to do in a situation, pray. If you don’t know what to say in response to your situation, pray. If you feel like giving up on life, pray. Pray, pray, pray!
Meditation Scripture (s):
- Never stop praying. (1 Thessalonians 5:17 NLT)
- And we are sure of this, that he will listen to us whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will. And if we really know he is listening when we talk to him and make our requests, then we can be sure that he will answer us. (1 John 5:14-15 TLB)
- I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. (Mark 11:24 NLT)
- Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. (Jeremiah 29:12 ESV)
- …When a believing person prays, great things happen. Elijah was a human being just like us. He prayed that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years! (James 5:16-17 NCV)
*Note: My hope and prayer is that after you read this and meditate on the scriptures that you will get such a revelation that will spark further study on your own. The Bible has so much more to say that what I’ve included. There’s nothing better than studying the Word of God for yourself*